geronimo-user mailing list archives

From YunFeng Ma <yunfeng...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: EJB Injection in Managed Bean
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 04:03:58 GMT
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the sample, I can reproduce the error described by you. I made a little change
to your sample and now the injection works fine.
For CredentialDataController, using @EJB, not @EJB(name = "java:comp/env/ejb/CredentialData"),
I don't know why @EJB(name = "java:comp/env/ejb/CredentialData") doesn't work. I've attached
the modified sample.

For the Geronimo class which parsing the annotations, you can refer the classes in packages
org.apache.geronimo.myfaces.deployment.* and org.apache.geronimo.myfaces.*. And I think the
injection happens in org.apache.geronimo.myfaces.LifecycleProviderGBean.newInstance(String
className). But sometimes holder.newInstance(className, classLoader, context) return null
which caused the NPE you described. I don't why for this, anyone can shed a light for this?
Thanks a lot.