geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading libraries in Geronimo repository?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 19:48:41 GMT

On Jul 7, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Wing Yung wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there an easy way to upgrade libraries in the repository? For
>> example, how could I upgrade jline from version 0.9.91 to 0.9.94 (to
>> enable 64-bit Windows support)? I noticed that dependency information
>> is written to the config.ser files and I could use
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil to modify these,
>> but is there an easier way?
>> Thank you,
>> Wing
>
> You should be able to upgrade by just adding jline 0.9.94 with the
> proper directory/name structure into the server repository.  Most of
> the Geronimo dependencies are not specified with versions so that
> the version utilized at run time will default to the highest version
> available in the repository.  You can add the file into the server
> repository manually or via the admin console.

I suspect you may have to indicate that the version has changed using
the instructions here (not, AFAICT, visible from the top level
documentation page)
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/how-to-upgrade-jars-and-swap-modules.html

Furthermore since IIUC jline is used by gshell rather than geronimo
proper this may not work.  Please let us know what does and doesn't
work.

thanks
david jencks