geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Peter L. Berghold" <pe...@berghold.net>
Subject Sending arbitrary file types through geronimo/tomcat
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:18:30 GMT

Hi folks,

Long sordid tale why I want to do this, but here is what I'm attempting
to do:

I have a repository of files on my server that I'm trying to use wget to
retrieve from that server.  The files are a mix of plain text,
tar-balls, zip files, etc. etc.

I set up a context using a geronimo-web.xml file such that:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
  <environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>net.berghold</groupId>
      <artifactId>served-files</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <type>car</type>
    </moduleId>
  </environment>

  <context-root>/served-files</context-root>
  <host>www.berghold.net</host>

</web-app>

and did a in-place deployment.  So far so good....

When I execute the wget I get something that looks like this:

 wget http://www.berghold.net/served-files/awstats-6.7.tar.gz
- --10:12:53--  http://www.berghold.net/served-files/awstats-6.7.tar.gz
Resolving www.berghold.net... 72.249.39.173
Connecting to www.berghold.net|72.249.39.173|:80... connected.
Length: 0 [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `awstats-6.7.tar.gz'

    [ <=>                                    ] 0           --.-K/s   in
0s

10:12:54 (0.00 B/s) - `awstats-6.7.tar.gz' saved [0/0]

and a zero length file results.  I just know in my heart of hearts there
is some bit I gotta flip to make this work.  Or do I have to create a
web.xml with all the possible mime types in it?

What to do?

- --

Peter L. Berghold     http://www.berghold.net   peter@berghold.net
Unix Professional     Dog Agility Fan   Crazed Cook
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."