geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Peter L. Berghold" <pe...@berghold.net>
Subject Multi-homed geronimo woes
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:04:54 GMT

Hi folks,

I have a server with 4 IP addresses associated with it and I'm trying to
get Geronimo to listen to three of the four IP addresses.

Here is an excerpt from my configuration file: (names have been changed
to protect the innocent)

<gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean"
name="geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car?ServiceModule=geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car,j2eeType=Host,name=TomcatVirtualHost_1">
<attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
<attribute name="initParams">name=www.mumble.net
       appBase=
       workDir=work</attribute>
</gbean>
<gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean"
name="geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car?ServiceModule=geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car,j2eeType=Host,name=TomcatVirtualHost_3">
<attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
<attribute name="initParams">name=www.grumble.org
       appBase=
       workDir=work</attribute>
</gbean>
<gbean gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean"
name="geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car?ServiceModule=geronimo/tomcat/1.1/car,j2eeType=Host,name=TomcatVirtualHost_2">
<attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
<attribute name="initParams">name=www.whine.org
       appBase=
       workDir=work</attribute>
</gbean>

In my /etc/hosts file I have:

127.0.0.1 localhost www.mumble.net
127.0.0.1 localhost www.whine.org
127.0.0.1 localhost www.grumble.org

The websites I have associated with mumble and grumble work just fine
but whine does not.

If I do a telnet to port 80 to the IP addresses associated with mumble
and grumble I get a response.  When I telnet to port 80 for whine's
address I get no response.

Now.. I may be about to answer my own question here, but I just moved
whine's DNS records today.  Might this be a case where DNS has not
caught up with reality and geronimo is just confused?

- --

Peter L. Berghold     http://www.berghold.net   peter@berghold.net
Unix Professional     Dog Agility Fan   Crazed Cook
"Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it."