geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple 'Service' in GMO 2.1 (like in Tomcat)
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:15:37 GMT

On Jul 9, 2008, at 5:59 AM, cvx22 wrote:

> Hi gurus,
>  I plan to migrate my web-apps from Tomcat6 to Geronimo2.1. I have one
> configuration problem. In my tomcat's server.xml I have declared two
> Service, like that:
>
> --- part of server.xml -----------------------------------------
> <Service name="Catalina">
>    <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true" ..[]>
>   </Connector>
> </Service>
>
> <Service name="Catalina2">
>    <Connector port="8444" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true" ..[]>
>   </Connector>
> </Service>
> --- end part of server.xml -----------------------------------------
>
> With that configuration I have two servlet containers under one
> Tomcat, so I
> have different applications for each of them.
>
> How can I make the same in Geronimo???

There's a sample that will give you guidance on getting this to work
for Geronimo 2.1.

The sample is here -- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/samples/app-per-port

The sample is set up as a Geronimo plugin. Easy to set you up with a
geronimo deployment plan for the ear, if you prefer.

We need to update this wiki page -- http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/app-per-port-running-multiple-web-apps-on-different-ports.html

Here's a wiki page for G 1.1 -- http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/exposing-web-applications-on-distinct-ports.html

Take a look at the 2.1 sample and let us know if you have questions...

--kevan