geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Mario Kofler" <>
Subject Re: error writing tuple to database "the owning entity is not mapped" geronimo 2.1.1
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:34:24 GMT
> If a person becomes a director, (s)he won't be able to
> resign and become a manager or just a developer?

that's right. for my application it is assumed that if a person is a
director this person is just a director and cannot be an actor in the
same time.

> On to your issue...
> > so i want to write a Person first, to keep it simple. unfortunately i get an
> > error when i try to perform a write:
> Could you show us how Person looks like? And your persistence.xml too.
> I assume you don't use orm.xml or alike, do you? If so, show it too.

so thanks, the persistence.xml we discussed a lot already if i
remember right ;):

<persistence xmlns=""
  <persistence-unit name="valhalla" transaction-type="JTA">

      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="postgres"/>
      <!--property name="openjpa.LockManager" value="pessimistic"/-->

 the Person entity:

/*Persistent Entity Person*/
@DiscriminatorColumn(name="role", discriminatorType=DiscriminatorType.STRING)
public class Person implements
    private int id;
    private String name;
    private Calendar birthdate;
    private String origin;

    public int getId()
	return id;

    public void setId(int id)
    { = id;

    public String getName()
        return name;

    public void setName(String name)
    { = name;

    public Calendar getBirthdate()
        return birthdate;

    public void setBirthdate(Calendar birthdate)
        this.birthdate = birthdate;

    public String getOrigin()
        return origin;

    public void setOrigin(String origin)