geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Could I use Hibernate as default persistence engine with Geronimo 2.1?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:39:44 GMT
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Beniamin Mazan <it@mazan.pl> wrote:

Please copy/paste the subject at the very least so there's anything to
respond to. Care to negotiate? ;-)

I haven't seen anybody who has tried to change OpenJPA (the default
JPA engine in Geronimo) to Hibernate as a default JPA provider, but
Hibernate works fine when specified in provider in persistence.xml.
The only drawback of specyfing it in the aforementioned file
is...well...having to specify it explicitly. Not much, but could be
less of course. I think it'd be a good exercise to find out how much
effort changing OpenJPA to Hibernate would require. Perhaps not an
easy task but definitely doable.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski