geronimo-user mailing list archives

From swisst <t...@isostech.com>
Subject Does the pool handle stale connections?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:39:16 GMT

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere.  MySQL times out
connections after 8 hours of inactivity.  Resulting in the common Q/A:

  "I have a servlet/application that works fine for a day, and then stops
  working overnight".

  Resolution:

  MySQL closes connections after 8 hours of inactivity. You either
  need to use a connection pool that handles stale connections or use
  the "autoReconnect" parameter (see "USAGE AND INSTALLATION"). [...]

Since the MySQL autoReconnect feature is on it's way out (being deprecated),
how do I configure my connection pool in Geronimo to recover from stale
connections?

Thanks!