geronimo-user mailing list archives

From dsthode <damian.serr...@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Configure HOWL log size
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:01:14 GMT

Hello all,

I'm running an application deployed in Geronimo 2.1 and after a couple of
days running my HOWL log file in var/txlog grows up to 2.5 GB approx.

Looking at the deployment plan in repository/org/apache/geronimo/transaction
I've seen that the maxBlocksPerFile property is set to -1 that means it will
grow to infinity.

I've deleted this log file and tried to modify the plan.xml file to set this
property to something more reasonable, say 400 (BTW, I don't know if this
value is too low, just tried with that), but it doesn't change anything as
the file keeps growing just as fast as before when I restart Geronimo.

In the JMX viewer I've seen that the value for this property didn't change,
it stays in 2147483647, and trying to change it via the button
"setMaxBlocksPerFile" in the column to the right doesn't do anything, as the
value stays the same.

So, how can I change this property so that the HOWL transaction log doesn't
fill up all the free space in my drive?

Thanks.