geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Stewart <rds6...@gmail.com>
Subject GeronimoWorkManager worker thread hangs on shutdown
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:13:40 GMT

I'm working on using Jencks with Spring to set up a JCA container listening
for JMS messages. I seem to be getting there, but I'm having a small problem
with Geronimo right now. When I exit (it's just a simple Java app, so
exit=main thread completes), a thread created by the GeronimoWorkManager via
a java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor hangs around and keeps the app
from closing down. It's waiting for more work to come in. This is because
when the work manager is stopped, it doesn't shut down the executor, which
would cause this thread to be interrupted and terminate.

Am I missing something somewhere? How do I get this to shut down?