geronimo-user mailing list archives

From fmchale <fmch...@cisco.com>
Subject Stateful Session Bean NoSuchObjectException
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:46:54 GMT

Hello,

After much research I have become completely stumped and confused on this
issue (pardon me as well if its something simple, I am learning JEE
development).  I currently have a Stateful Session bean that is accessed by
web clients.  After approximately 20 minutes I get a NoSuchObjectException -
Stateful Session Bean has timed out.  Is there anyway I can set the timeout
to be longer then 20 minutes. Im assuming that after 20 minutes the timeout
occurs and instead of passivating the bean is completely destroyed.  Here is
a snippet of important bean parts.

public @Stateful class InternTempBean implements InternTemp{

	@PersistenceContext(unitName="MatchMakerModel",
type=PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED)
	EntityManager emMatchMaker;

	public InternTempBean(){
	}

        .. some more bean methods

	@Remove
	public void mergeIntern(Intern_Temp intern){
		emMatchMaker.merge(intern);
	}

I was thinking maybe there was some setting I could tell openejb to not
timeout after 20 minutes.
Can anyone guide me in the right direction here.

Thanks,
Fred