geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rbaumhof <ralf.baum...@web.de>
Subject How to use JACC with JAAS in Geronimo
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:20:07 GMT

Hello,

i have problems to notify the ejb container about my authentication. Beacuse
of some special application requirements i can not use the standard servlet
authentication with j_security_check. Therfore i perform login by myself
using jaas with a geronimo sql security realm. This works fine. However
after the login SessionContext.getCallerPrincipal().getName() returns
"Unauthenticated". The try to use
org.apache.geronimo.security.ContextManager.getCurrentCaller() (hint of
David Jencks, see
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-get-the-active-Subject--td11982332s134.html#a11982332)
returns null. Because i use my own filter servlet to watch the web sites, i
don't use any declarative role mapping in web.xml. I had to remove this
because tomcat was not notified about the login.

My question is "what do i have to do to make
SessionContext.getCallerPrincipal().getName() work. It should not return
"Unauthenticated".

much thanks in advance