geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "jon.sabados@gmail.com" <jon.saba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using wadi with tomcat & web app in an ear
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:17:28 GMT

The end goal would be to deploy an ear containing a coupe ejb modules, wars &
rars with wadi clustering enabled for the web apps - packaging the
wadi-webapp.war into an ear was the simplest test I could think of to see if
the war would deploy cleanly with tomcat-clustering-wadi in the deployment
plan.

In the ear that I used to test I actually left out application.xml &
geronimo-application.xml (just jarred up the war), but here is the web.xml &
geronimo-web.xml I used:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>

  <distributable/>

  <context-param>
    <param-name>org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionPath</param-name>
    <param-value>/wadi</param-value>
    <!-- <description>create session cookies with given path</description>
--> <!-- upsets geronimo-1.0.0 -->
  </context-param>

<!--
Automatically created by Apache Jakarta Tomcat JspC.
Place this fragment in the web.xml before all icon, display-name,
description, distributable, and context-param elements.
-->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp.aopTest_jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>jsp.aopTest_jsp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp.destroy_jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>jsp.destroy_jsp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>jsp.index_jsp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp.session_jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>jsp.session_jsp</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp.aopTest_jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/aopTest.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp.destroy_jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/destroy.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp.index_jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/index.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp.session_jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/session.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

<!--
All session-config, mime-mapping, welcome-file-list, error-page, taglib,
resource-ref, security-constraint, login-config, security-role,
env-entry, and ejb-ref elements should follow this fragment.
-->

</web-app>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.1"
    xmlns:wadi="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/clustering-wadi-1.2">

    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.wadi</groupId>
            <artifactId>wadi-webapp</artifactId>
            <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>

   <context-root>/wadi-webapp</context-root>

   <wadi:tomcat-clustering-wadi>
       <wadi:deltaReplication>false</wadi:deltaReplication>
   </wadi:tomcat-clustering-wadi>

</web-app>

In the ear that I would actually like to cluster there is a
geronimo-application.xml as well as application.xml (no modifications to
working configs with those, only change would be a <distributable /> element
in the war's web.xml & <tomcat-clustering-wadi /> in geronimo-web.xml),  but
the exception thrown during deployment matches the test ears exception with
the only exception being the gbean name being looked for.