geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: WS-Stack Apache CXF asks for Axis2-Classes
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:41:30 GMT

On Jul 23, 2008, at 7:24 AM, Josef.Eisele@bgs-ag.de wrote:

> Hi Kevin, Lin, Daniel, Glen,
>
> @Daniel: Your VM-Parameters solved this problem. Thank you very much
> for
> your help.

Yea, but it definitely shouldn't have been necessary.

> @Glen: Thank you very much for your tipp, we will wait for Geronimo
> 2.1.2
> and then we have Apache CXF2.0.6...

Actually, CXF 2.0.8.    :-)

> @All: Now I have two new issues ;-)
> 1) The client is written like described in
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-security.html. For the server
> part -
> because of JavaEE5 - we choose
> http://depressedprogrammer.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/cxf-ws-security-using-jsr-181-interceptor-annotations-xfire-migration/
> .
> In the first run I added
> @InInterceptors
> (interceptors={   "de.myapp.WSSecurityInterceptor" })  to
> the WS-Implementation-Class and nothing happend. Afterwards I had a
> try
> with the interface class and added the same
> @InInterceptors(interceptors={   "de.myapp.WSSecurityInterceptor" }).
> After this changed the class de.myapp.WSSecurityInterceptor was
> accessed.
> Why do I have to add @... in implementation AND interface?

Not sure on that.   Feel free to log a CXF bug.    It should be
possible to just put it on the implementation.   The interface should
be shareable between clients/servers and having interceptors defined
on it that should just be there for the server is not a good thing.

> 2) In the handleMessage(Message message) I receive after:
>                props.put(WSHandlerConstants.PASSWORD_TYPE,
> WSConstants.PW_TEXT);
>                props.put(WSHandlerConstants.PW_CALLBACK_CLASS,
> ServerPasswordCallback.class.getName());
>
>                WSS4JInInterceptor wss4jInHandler = new
> WSS4JInInterceptor(props);

> Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
> at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]
>        at
> com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedEOF(StreamScanner.java:
> 661)
>        at
> com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.handleEOF(BasicStreamReader.java:
> 2134)
>        at

With CXF 2.0.2, that stack could result from a BUNCH of things.  We
actually would get that stack if the server sent back and html error
page without setting a 404 or similar.   Several things can cause
it.   If you can tcpdump or wireshark the wire transfers to see what's
going on, that would be helpful.    Good news is that this changed in
2.0.5 to get a better error message.   :-)

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog