CXF Should work fine with WS-Security - only problem what package cxf-rt-ws-security is not included into Geronimo repository

2008/6/27 <Josef.Eisele@bgs-ag.de>:

Hi Lin and all WS-Experts,

with the help of Sainath I configured now CXF for my Geronimo.
In my Geronimo 2.1.1 Installation I found in the METAINF-File for cxf-rt-core-2.0.2-incubator.jar:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: Apache Maven
Built-By: dkulp
Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_12
Implementation-Title: Apache CXF Runtime Core
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Version: 2.0.2-incubator
Specification-Title: Apache CXF Runtime Core
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 2.0.2-incubator

So I think Geronimo uses Version 2.0.2 from CXF ? If I understand http://www.nabble.com/-ANNOUNCE--Apache-CXF-2.0.2-incubator-is-released!-to12892222.html right this version is from September 2007. At the moment 2.1.1 is released.

But this old version should work with WS-Security ?!

* Web Services Standards Support: CXF supports a variety of web service
standards including SOAP, the Basic Profile, WSDL, WS-Addressing,
WS-Policy, WS-ReliableMessaging, and WS-Security.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Eisele

Direkt: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-180

27.06.2008 15:25

Bitte antworten an
user@geronimo.apache.org

An
user@geronimo.apache.org
Kopie
Thema
Re: Re: Using WS-Security with Geronimo 2.1.1

Hi, You are right that G comes with 2 webservice implementations.    I
actually don't know if this function is avail with CXF.   I was hoping
others could comment on that.

Lin

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/modules/rampart/1_0/security-module.html

> Is this the right way, or should we use another WS open source stack like
> Apache CXF, JBossWS or Sun's Metro?
> Is there any documentation howto config/integrate the Security-Functionality
> into Geronimo?
> (With JavaEE5 everything is so easy, @WebService is enough and the
> Webservice is running. I have no clue even how to get started with the
> configuration of Axis2:
>
> from
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/modules/rampart/1_0/security-module.html :
> First it should be engaged by inserting the following in the axis2.xml file.
>
>     <module ref="rampart"/>

> => I couldn't find the axis2.xml File :-(
> )
>
> Any help would be wonderful.
>
> Josef
>
> ________________________________
> BGS Beratungsgesellschaft
> Software Systemplanung AG
>
>  Niederlassung Rhein/Main
> Robert-Koch-Straße 41
> 55129 Mainz
> Fon: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-0
> Fax: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-400
> www.bgs-ag.deGeschäftssitz Mainz
> Registergericht
> Amtsgericht Mainz
> HRB 62 50
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender
> Dr. Wolfgang Trommer
> Vorstand
> Hanspeter Gau
> Hermann Kiefer
> Nils Manegold
> Heinz-Jörg Zimmermann
>
> ________________________________
> BGS Beratungsgesellschaft
> Software Systemplanung AG
>   Niederlassung Rhein/Main
> Robert-Koch-Straße 41
> 55129 Mainz
> Fon: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-0
> Fax: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-400
> www.bgs-ag.de Geschäftssitz Mainz
> Registergericht
> Amtsgericht Mainz
> HRB 62 50
>   Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender
> Dr. Wolfgang Trommer
> Vorstand
> Hanspeter Gau
> Hermann Kiefer
> Nils Manegold
> Heinz-Jörg Zimmermann

BGS Beratungsgesellschaft
Software Systemplanung AG

  Niederlassung Rhein/Main
Robert-Koch-Straße 41
55129 Mainz
Fon: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-0
Fax: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-400
www.bgs-ag.de
Geschäftssitz Mainz
Registergericht
Amtsgericht Mainz
HRB 62 50

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender
Dr. Wolfgang Trommer
Vorstand
Hanspeter Gau
Hermann Kiefer
Nils Manegold
Heinz-Jörg Zimmermann
BGS Systemplanung AG

 Ein Unternehmen der nextevolution consulting group

--
With best regards,
Alexey Kakunin