geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-use...@squeakydolphin.com>
Subject Re: How to configure remote SMTP host?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 13:45:38 GMT
On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 07:20:46 -0400, Rick McGuire wrote:

> sbyonge wrote:
>> I am having trouble with mail session in Geronimo.  I updated
>> var/config/config.xml to point to remote STMP host
>>
>>     <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail/2.1.1/car">
>>         <gbean name="SMTPTransport">
>>             <attribute name="host">smtpgw.mycom.com</attribute>
>>             <attribute name="port">25</attribute>
>>         </gbean>
>>     </module>
>>
>> However, mail session still seems to point to localhost instead of the
>> remote host.
>>
> How are you obtaining the mail session?  SMTPTransport definition only
> manages the mail session obtained via the JNDI "mail/Session" resource
> lookup.  If you're directly creating the mail session, you'll need to
> configure the properties yourself.
>
> Rick

Looking at the configuration file it has ${SMTP_HOST} defined in it.  If
I'm configuring this service through the console, where do I change this
setting?

Thanks.  I'm not the original poster.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>
http://www.electricsenator.net

  Do pediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?