geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying application-scoped db pool with an ear
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:44:38 GMT
On 6/25/08, purdticker <corey_f@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>  djencks wrote:
>  >
>  > no, you should use whatever rar you picked at the beginning.  I'm not
>  > sure if we make this very obvious, but I assume you picked one of the
>  > oracle rars.
>  >

> Actually, this is where I'm confused.  When was using the wizard, I did not
>  use any rar.  I used a jdbc jar file which I downloaded from oracle's site.
>  http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc9201.html
>  ojdbc14.jar

Yes, you need the ojdbc14.jar copied to your geronimo repo.   But, at
the beginning of creating the database pool, you selected a type,
right?   It has a few values for oracle, like oracle thin, oracle xa,
and so on.  What did you select?

If you select oracle local, then you are using the
tranql-connector-oracle-local-{version}.rar.  If you select oracle XA,
then you are using the tranql-connector-oracle-xa-{version}.rar;
otherwise, you are using tranql-connector-ra-{version}.rar.

Does the show plan button generated the right rar file there based on
what you selected?

HTH,

Lin