geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Josef.Eis...@bgs-ag.de
Subject Error with openjpa in geronimo under PostgreSQL
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:29:37 GMT
Hi All,

I'm quite sure that I found a bug in Geronimo, or as I assumed openjpa.
Therefore I created an JIRA-Issue under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-627.
But nothing happens. No Votes, no Watchers....

I retested functionality using openejb embedded in Eclipse with openjpa
Version 1.1.0 but I still get the same error:

I receive Errors when I try to persist Data:

public class PasswortregelPAO implements Serializable {
@Column(name="passwort_aufbau")
private String passwortAufbau;
entityManager.persist(pao);

on DB-Fields with Definitions >= VARCHAR(170)

ALTER TABLE vesuv.passwortregel DROP COLUMN passwort_aufbau;
ALTER TABLE vesuv.passwortregel ADD COLUMN paswort_aufbau varchar(170);
ALTER TABLE vesuv.passwortregel ALTER COLUMN passwort_aufbau SET STORAGE
EXTEND;

LOG:
Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.ReportingSQLException: FEHLER: Wert
zu lang fr Typ character varying(120) {prepstmnt 32613590 INSERT INTO
vesuv.protokoll_info (id, attribut, entitaet_id, entitaetstyp, wert_alt,
wert_neu, protokoll_eintrag_fk) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
[params=(long) 239, (String) passwort_aufbau, (long) 24, (String)
PASSWORTREGEL, (String) , (String)
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...,
(long) 128]} [code=0, state=22001]

With any size bigger than 170, I got the same error "FEHLER: Wert zu lang
fr Typ character varying(120) ".

VARCHAR-Values up to 160 work without any problem.

In addition I have to say, reading of VARCHAR-Data > 170 Char. works
without problem.

=> I tried to change the database-Definition from VARCHAR(170) to TEXT and
to define the PAO @Column(length=200 ...) , but nothing helped.

WHAT TO DO NOW ?

cu Josef

BGS Beratungsgesellschaft
Software Systemplanung AG         Niederlassung Rhein/Main
Robert-Koch-Straße 41
55129 Mainz
Fon: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-0
Fax: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-400