geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Josef.Eis...@bgs-ag.de
Subject Antwort: Re: Re: Using WS-Security with Geronimo 2.1.1
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:06:36 GMT
Hi Lin and all WS-Experts,

with the help of Sainath I configured now CXF for my Geronimo.
In my Geronimo 2.1.1 Installation I found in the METAINF-File for
cxf-rt-core-2.0.2-incubator.jar:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Created-By: Apache Maven
Built-By: dkulp
Build-Jdk: 1.5.0_12
Implementation-Title: Apache CXF Runtime Core
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Version: 2.0.2-incubator
Specification-Title: Apache CXF Runtime Core
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: 2.0.2-incubator

So I think Geronimo uses Version 2.0.2 from CXF ? If I understand
http://www.nabble.com/-ANNOUNCE--Apache-CXF-2.0.2-incubator-is-released!-to12892222.html
right this version is from September 2007. At the moment 2.1.1 is
released.

But this old version should work with WS-Security ?!

* Web Services Standards Support: CXF supports a variety of web service
standards including SOAP, the Basic Profile, WSDL, WS-Addressing,
WS-Policy, WS-ReliableMessaging, and WS-Security.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Eisele

Direkt: +49 (0) 6131 / 914-180

"Lin Sun" <linsun.unc@gmail.com>
27.06.2008 15:25
Bitte antworten an
user@geronimo.apache.org

An
user@geronimo.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
Re: Re: Using WS-Security with Geronimo 2.1.1

Hi, You are right that G comes with 2 webservice implementations.    I
actually don't know if this function is avail with CXF.   I was hoping
others could comment on that.

Lin

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:37 AM,  <Josef.Eisele@bgs-ag.de> wrote:

> Hi Lin,
>
> thank you very much for your quick response. If I understand you right
> Geronimo comes with 2 webservice implementations: Apache Axis2 and
Apache
> CXF. If we want to use the 'WS Security 1.1" functionality we should use
> Apache CXF. Is this what you mean?
>
> I haven't found any documentation concerning that topic and a lot of
> questions to this:
> * How can I switch in Geronimo between CXF and Axis2?
> * How can I configure CXF?
> * Is there any documentation on that topic?
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> Josef
>

> "Lin Sun" <linsun.unc@gmail.com>
>
> 26.06.2008 16:12
>
> Bitte antworten an
> user@geronimo.apache.org
> An
> user@geronimo.apache.org
> Kopie
> Thema
> Re: Using WS-Security with Geronimo 2.1.1
>

> Hi, I don't think we support WS-Security 1.1 in Geronimo with Axis2
> implmentation.   This Rampart module seems to be a seperate module that
is
> not included in Axis2's default installation and are not included in
> Geronimo either AFAIK.
>
> We do have our own version of axis2.xml file, think it is called
> geronimo-axis2.xml file, that is bundled in one of the geronimo-axis2
jars.

> This function may be avail with the CXF implmentation.
>
> Lin
>
> On 6/26/08, Josef.Eisele@bgs-ag.de<Josef.Eisele@bgs-ag.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> we would like to use WS - Security 1.1 in Geronimo. Geronimo uses the
> Webservice Framework AXIS-2, therefore the WS-Security Rampart has to be
> used ?
> I found infos howto config Rampart:
> http://ws.apache.org/axis2/modules/rampart/1_0/security-module.html
>
> Is this the right way, or should we use another WS open source stack
like
> Apache CXF, JBossWS or Sun's Metro?
> Is there any documentation howto config/integrate the
Security-Functionality