geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maybe a ActiveMQ Bug?
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:38:11 GMT

On Jun 4, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Jochen Zink wrote:

> Are you sure, that geronimo 2.1.1 contains the fixed Version of
> ActiveMQ? The BuckTrackingEntry apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1215
> says, the bug is fixed in Version 5.1. But Geronimo 2.1.1 contains
> Version 4.1.2?

Hi Jochen,
Heh. Yes, I noticed that, also. That's a Jira oversight, I think.
Perhaps the bug was fixed in 5.1 and then merged back into the 4.1.x
code stream. Originally, there wasn't going to be another 4.1.x
release after 4.1.1. FYI, there were a number of transaction-related
problems that were discovered between Geronimo and ActiveMQ (and fixed
in 2.1.1). They were the reason that we got a 4.1.2 release of AMQ.
So, there are some additional reasons for moving to G 2.1.1.

FYI, here's the relevant code in 4.1.2 --
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/tags/activemq-4.1.2/activemq-ra/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/ra/ServerSessionPoolImpl.java

When compared to the same code in 4.1.1, you'll see additional guards
--
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/tags/activemq-4.1.1/activemq-ra/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/ra/ServerSessionPoolImpl.java

--kevan