geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deploying application-scoped db pool with an ear
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 00:41:53 GMT

On Jun 25, 2008, at 5:26 PM, purdticker wrote:

> I'm trying to deploy an ear file with an application-scoped database
> pool.
> Here is what I've currently done, and below the "======" line are my
> questions.
>
> To get a deployment plan, I use the wizard in the geronimo console.
> Database Pools -> Using the Geronimo database pool wizard
>
> When I fill all the required options I have three options: Test
> Connection,
> Skip Test and Deploy, or Skip Test and Show Plan.
>
> I click Test Connection.
>
> Test Result:
> 	Connected toOracle Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 -
> 64bit
> Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
> JServer Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production
>
> Now I have two options: Deploy, or Show Plan.
>
> I click on Show Plan.
>
> Here are the instructions it gives me:
>
> Add to EAR:
> 	Instead of deploying as a top-level database pool, you can deploy
> this pool
> as part of an EAR. To add a database pool to an EAR using this plan:
>
>   1. Copy and paste the plan to a file
>   2. Save the plan file to the top level of your EAR
>   3. Copy the RAR file from
> GERONIMO_HOME/\repository\org\tranql\tranql-connector-ra\1.4\tranql-
> connector-ra-1.4.rar
> to the top level of your EAR
>   4. Create a META-INF/geronimo-application.xml file in your EAR
> that has a
> module entry like this (substituting the correct RAR file name and
> plan file
> name):
>
> <application
>   xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1">
>  <environment>
>    <moduleId>
>      <artifactId>MyApplication</artifactId>
>    </moduleId>
>  </environment>
>  <module>
>    <connector>rar-file-name.rar</connector>
>    <alt-dd>plan-file-name.xml</alt-dd>
>  </module>
> </application>
>

> =============
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1) "Copy the RAR file from
> GERONIMO_HOME/\repository\org\tranql\tranql-connector-ra\1.4\tranql-
> connector-ra-1.4.rar
> to the top level of your EAR".  Is it always this
> tranql-connector-ra-1.4.rar file?  Even if I'm using oracle?
no, you should use whatever rar you picked at the beginning.  I'm not
sure if we make this very obvious, but I assume you picked one of the
oracle rars.

> 2) I'm using Eclipse and the GEP.  I already have an
> geronimo-application.xml file.  It starts off with "<app:application
> xmlns:......"
> When I write in the "<module>" tags, do I also need to include the
> "app:"
> namespace?  e.g. <app:module></app:module>

We should be fixing up the namespace for you.  It won't hurt to use
the correct namespace anyway.

This is a remarkably obtuse error message.  Does using the correct rar
help at all?

thanks
david jencks