geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: request.isUserInRole("some-role") always return false after @EJB injection
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:45:52 GMT

On Jun 17, 2008, at 12:07 AM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:

Etch.

>>> Well, I'm struggeling finding an "upgrade routine". Is there any?
>>> Anyway, since I'm at CET time (GMT+1) I probably won't be able to
>>> doing a test
>>> until working hours tomorrow...
>> I'm not sure what you are looking for.  There is no way to upgrade
>> a geronimo installation from one version of geronimo to another "in
>> place": you have to redeploy your applications on the new server.
>> On the other hand I recommend a maven based workflow to build a
>> customized server including your apps, in which case you'd just
>> change the geronimo version in the appropriate pom.
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/constructing-a-special-purpose-server-using-maven.html

>>  thanks
>> david jencks

>>> Sorry about that, won't happen agein ;)

>>> Regards,
>>> Stig Even Larsen
>>>
> Hi again,
>
> In the 2.0.3 SNAPSHOT of 20080616 the malfunction is still there. It
> seems that this issue is not the same as described in GERONIMO-4099.
> I think is time to file a detailed bug-report?

That would be great!  If you can provide a small app showing the
problem or at least the servlet code that would be good.  I've just
been looking at a similar case that works where there is a servlet and
ejb, and the isUser/CallerinRole methods work: in the case I have, the
servlet tests before calling the ejb and not after calling the ejb.
Maybe you are testing in the servlet after calling the ejb?

thanks!
david jencks