geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John <li...@johndubchak.com>
Subject Re: Basic EAR Deployment confusion/issues
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:13:09 GMT
Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to document this on the Wiki.  It does help,
however, the struggle I have (and I assume I am not alone) is, as a new user
approaching Geronimo deployment plans from "other" Java OSS AS containers, I
am trying to create a simple MDB "Hello World" with the following artifacts:

- Complete EAR application deployment plan/descriptor
- Complete EJB deployment plan/descriptor sample
- Fully configured ConnectionFactory and Queue/Topic Destinations (either
with a deployment plan or from within the console)

Such that a deployment, from either the command line or the console, deploys
without error - and I'm just not there yet.  Although this document
certainly clarifies several things for me, I'm still confounded by the
"Geronimo ear plan contains modules that aren't in the ear: false" error.

I will continue to work through this and would be happy to add to the Wiki
page, or contribute the Hello World MDB sample app back to the Community,
assuming I get there...

Thanks again, you're a big help to people like me.

John