geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John <li...@johndubchak.com>
Subject Basic EAR Deployment confusion/issues
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:39:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to deploy my first Geronimo EAR file without much luck (I have no
problems with WARs).  The EAR contains a single EJB jar file containing a
single MDB.  I have created a separate JMS connection factory and a
destination and bundled the JAR file in the EAR using the following
structure:

EAR

-- META-INF/application.xml
-- META-INF/geronimo-application.xml
-- ejb jar

      -- com/foo/TestMDB.class
      -- META-INF/openejb-jar.xml

However, when I try to deploy the app in the console, I am getting following
error:

Geronimo ear plan contains modules that aren't in the ear: false

I have tried (obviously unsuccessfully) to adapt the jms-mdb-sample
deployment plan for my little "Hello World MDB" deployment and appreciate
any help I can get in both understanding Geronimo deployment plans and
figuring out my error.

Here is the text of my geronimo-application.xml:

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2">

    <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>com.foo</groupId>
            <artifactId>ESB</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>ear</type>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>

    <module>
       <connector>geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar</connector>
        <connector
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
            <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
                <dep:moduleId>
                    <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.samples</dep:groupId>
                    <dep:artifactId>jms-resources</dep:artifactId>
                    <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
                    <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
                </dep:moduleId>
                <dep:dependencies>
                    <dep:dependency>

<dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                        <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
                        <dep:type>car</dep:type>
                    </dep:dependency>
                </dep:dependencies>
            </dep:environment>
            <resourceadapter>
                <resourceadapter-instance>

<resourceadapter-name>jms-resources</resourceadapter-name>
                    <nam:workmanager
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
                        <nam:gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</nam:gbean-link>
                    </nam:workmanager>
                </resourceadapter-instance>
                <outbound-resourceadapter>
                    <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-
interface>
           <connectiondefinition-instance>
                            <name>TestConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interfa
ce>
                            <connectionmanager>
                                <xa-transaction>
                                    <transaction-caching/>
                                </xa-transaction>
                                <single-pool>
                                    <match-one/>
                                </single-pool>
                            </connectionmanager>
                        </connectiondefinition-instance>
                    </connection-definition>
                </outbound-resourceadapter>
            </resourceadapter>
            <adminobject>

<adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-cl
ass>
                <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>TestDestinationQueue</message-destination-name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">TestDestinationQueue</config-property-setting>
                </adminobject-instance>
            </adminobject>
        </connector>
    </module>