geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Basic EAR Deployment confusion/issues
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:20:16 GMT
I've tried to write up some instructions here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Datasource%2C+ConnectionFactory%2C+MDB+and+jpa

Please let me know if this helps.... comments would be really
appreciated, especially soon before this all falls back out of my
mind :-)

thanks
david jencks

On Jun 3, 2008, at 11:17 AM, John wrote:

> [...]
>>> structure:
>>>
>>> EAR
>>> |
>>> -- META-INF/application.xml
>>> -- META-INF/geronimo-application.xml
>>> -- ejb jar
>>>     -- com/foo/TestMDB.class
>>>     -- META-INF/openejb-jar.xml
>>>
>>> However, when I try to deploy the app in the console, I am getting
>>> following
>>> error:
>>>
>>> Geronimo ear plan contains modules that aren't in the ear: false
>>>
>>> I have tried (obviously unsuccessfully) to adapt the jms-mdb-sample
>>> deployment plan for my little "Hello World MDB" deployment and
>>> appreciate
>>> any help I can get in both understanding Geronimo deployment plans
>>> and
>>> figuring out my error.
>>>
>>> Here is the text of my geronimo-application.xml:
>>>
>>> <application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2
>>> ">
>>>
>>>   <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2
>>> ">
>>>       <moduleId>
>>>           <groupId>com.foo</groupId>
>>>           <artifactId>ESB</artifactId>
>>>           <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>>           <type>ear</type>
>>>       </moduleId>
>>>   </environment>
>>>
>>>   <module>
>>>      <connector>geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0-SNAPSHOT.rar</connector>
>>>       <connector
>>> xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
>>>           <dep:environment
>>> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
>>>               <dep:moduleId>
>>>                   <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.samples</
>>> dep:groupId>
>>>                   <dep:artifactId>jms-resources</dep:artifactId>
>>>                   <dep:version>1.2</dep:version>
>>>                   <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
>>>               </dep:moduleId>
>>>               <dep:dependencies>
>>>                   <dep:dependency>
>>>
>>> <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
>>>                       <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</
>>> dep:artifactId>
>>>                       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>>>                   </dep:dependency>
>>>               </dep:dependencies>
>>>           </dep:environment>
>>>           <resourceadapter>
>>>               <resourceadapter-instance>
>>>
>>> <resourceadapter-name>jms-resources</resourceadapter-name>
>>>                   <nam:workmanager
>>> xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
>>>                       <nam:gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</nam:gbean-
>>> link>
>>>                   </nam:workmanager>
>>>               </resourceadapter-instance>
>>>               <outbound-resourceadapter>
>>>                   <connection-definition>
>>>
>>> <connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</
>>> connectionfactory-
>>> interface>
>>>          <connectiondefinition-instance>
>>>                           <name>TestConnectionFactory</name>
>>>
>>> <implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</
>>> interfa