geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki - Context did not start for an unknown reason
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:48:53 GMT
I tried it with geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.2-SNAPSHOT (trunk) and it
deployed OK and is partially usable.  I see this on deploy:

15:33:07,298 WARN  [JettyModuleBuilder] Web application . does not
contain a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may
not be a problem, depending on whether you have things like resource
references that need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a
separate deployment plan file on the command line.
15:33:08,402 WARN  [JspModuleBuilderExtension]
JspModuleBuilderExtension: Could not load tag class:
com.opensymphony.module.oscache.web.tag.CacheTag mentioned in TLD file
at file:/Users/david/geronimo/svn/geronimo-patch/trunk/assemblies/
geronimo-jetty6-javaee5/target/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.2-SNAPSHOT/
repository/default/JSPWiki/1212705187099/JSPWiki-1212705187099.war/WEB-
INF/oscache.tld
15:33:08,402 WARN  [JspModuleBuilderExtension]
JspModuleBuilderExtension: Could not load tag class:
com.opensymphony.module.oscache.web.tag.UseCachedTag mentioned in TLD
file at file:/Users/david/geronimo/svn/geronimo-patch/trunk/assemblies/
geronimo-jetty6-javaee5/target/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.2-SNAPSHOT/
repository/default/JSPWiki/1212705187099/JSPWiki-1212705187099.war/WEB-
INF/oscache.tld
15:33:08,403 WARN  [JspModuleBuilderExtension]
JspModuleBuilderExtension: Could not load tag class:
com.opensymphony.module.oscache.web.tag.FlushTag mentioned in TLD file
at file:/Users/david/geronimo/svn/geronimo-patch/trunk/assemblies/
geronimo-jetty6-javaee5/target/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.2-SNAPSHOT/
repository/default/JSPWiki/1212705187099/JSPWiki-1212705187099.war/WEB-
INF/oscache.tld

which makes it look like something's missing from the war.

Login doesn't work, which is not surprising considering the comments
on deployment on jboss.  To use jaas you'll need to set up an
appropriate login configuration in a geronimo plan.

Could I ask what your interest is here?  From my point of view the
ideal situation would be if jspwiki hosted a geronimo plugin version
of the wiki on their site.  We can't release such a plugin from apache
since jspwiki is lgpl licenced.  Possibly if there is interest we
could find somewhere else to host a plugin project.  I'm not sure if
we could have a plugin project for reference with no possibility of
releasing a plugin.

If you want a reproducible way to deploy jspwiki for yourself, I still
recommend the geronimo plugin approach. There's some info on how to
set something like this up here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Constructing+a+special-purpose+server+using+maven

There's some info on how to configuration login modules in geronimo
here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Configuring+login+modules

I also find the console swallowing exceptions half the time there is a
problem rather annoying.  I encourage you to file a jira issue about it.

thanks
david jencks