geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Phani Madgula" <phanibalaji.madg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: override persistence.xml in geronimo plan
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:35:46 GMT
Thanks.I tested with a sample overriding persistence-unit in
openejb-jar.xml. It worked well. Here are some more questions.

1. If a persistence-unit is declared both in openejb-jar.xml and
persistence.xml, I guess, the declaration in openejb-jar.xml will override
the one in persistence.xml entirely. That means, container will not perform
union of what is declared in openejb-jar.xml and persistence.xml. am I
right??

2. Does the point (1) above applies to only persistence-units declared in
both persistence.xml and openejb-jar.xml?? I mean, if persistence.xml
declares persistence-units which are not overridden in openejb-jar.xml, can
the application access those persistence-units??

3. Can the persistence-units be overridden in geronimo-web.xml as well??

Thanks in advance
Phani