geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Basic EAR Deployment confusion/issues
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:52:10 GMT

On Jun 4, 2008, at 8:13 AM, John wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to document this on the Wiki.  It does
> help,
> however, the struggle I have (and I assume I am not alone) is, as a
> new user
> approaching Geronimo deployment plans from "other" Java OSS AS
> containers, I
> am trying to create a simple MDB "Hello World" with the following
> artifacts:
>
> - Complete EAR application deployment plan/descriptor
> - Complete EJB deployment plan/descriptor sample
> - Fully configured ConnectionFactory and Queue/Topic Destinations
> (either
> with a deployment plan or from within the console)
>
> Such that a deployment, from either the command line or the console,
> deploys
> without error - and I'm just not there yet.  Although this document
> certainly clarifies several things for me, I'm still confounded by the
> "Geronimo ear plan contains modules that aren't in the ear: false"
> error.
that's pretty confusing ;-(  Maybe I can figure out what it's trying
to say.

> I will continue to work through this and would be happy to add to
> the Wiki
> page, or contribute the Hello World MDB sample app back to the
> Community,
> assuming I get there...

I haven't checked if it actually works yet but I'm pretty sure the jms-
mdb-sample deploys OK with the plan generated by building with maven.
(I think this will work with samples/branches/2.1 but haven't
checked.  I'm more confident about samples/trunk which works with
geronimo server trunk (2.2-SNAPSHOT)).  After checking out all of
samples/trunk (or branches/2.1) build it with maven and look in
samples/jms-mdb-sample/jms-mdb-sample-jetty/target/resources/META-INF/
plan.xml for the plan to use.

This app does include the jms configuration right in the ear which
works fine although I don't think its as flexible as having it in a
separate plugin.

hope this helps
david jencks