geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clusering Configuration samples errors in branches/2.1 using Tomcat
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:32:36 GMT

On Jun 25, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Jason Warner wrote:

> I took a look at the classloader being used.  It only contains one
> instance of UniqueId in any of the parent classloaders.  I took a
> quick look at the changes between Wadi 2.0-M10 and 2.0, and there is
> indeed a significant amount of change.  In fact, this error stems
> from a class that didn't even exist in 2.0-M10.  I'll keep looking
> to see if I can figure out what's going on, but any suggestions of
> other possible issues would definitely not be ignored :)

I'm seeing two ClassLoaders in play when this error is occurring:

org.apache.geronimo.configs/wadi-clustering/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car

The following dependencies in plugins/clustering/wadi-clustering/
pom.xml would seem to be a problem:

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId>
             <artifactId>juli</artifactId>
         </dependency>

         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId>
             <artifactId>tribes</artifactId>
         </dependency>

They can cause us to load tribes or juli classes within two different
ClassLoaders and result in the ClassCastException that you're
experiencing.

This will need to be straightened out. I haven't looked at how to
straighten this out. You want to look? Or Gianny should be back soon...

--kevan