geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki - Context did not start for an unknown reason
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:12:18 GMT

On Jun 5, 2008, at 3:53 PM, Juergen Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install the JSPWiki.war (JSPWiki 2.6.3) from http://www.jspwiki.org/
> under geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.1 via console.
>
> Console says
>
> The application was successfully deployed.
> The application was successfully started
>
> but afterward JSPWiki is shown as
>
> default/JSPWiki/1212695299546/war    	   	 stopped
>
> What's wrong? At least Geronimo should not swallow the causing
> exception.

Hi Juergen,
The problem is a conflict the JDom library included within Geronimo.
Using a geronimo deployment plan, I was able to successfully deploy
JSPWiki, load from http://localhost:8080/JSPWiki, create a main page
and leftmenufooter...

To get working, create a geronimo deployment plan and pass it as an
argument on your deployment. e.g:

./deploy.sh deploy ~/downloads/JSPWiki.war ~/NoJaxen.xml      (where
NoJaxen.xml is the geronimo deployment plan).

Here's the content of the deployment plan:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
   <dep:environment>
     <dep:moduleId>
       <dep:groupId>com.ecyrd.jspwiki</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>JSPWiki</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>2.6.3</dep:version>
       <dep:type>war</dep:type>
     </dep:moduleId>
     <!--
          Don't load jaxen classes from parent ClassLoaders.
       -->
     <hidden-classes>
       <filter>org.jaxen</filter>
     </hidden-classes>