geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Basic EAR Deployment confusion/issues
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:23:00 GMT
If you look at the jms-mdb-sample ear module you can see that we
include the activmq connector in the ear to provide the jms connector
support.  This is not too obvious from the project structure since the
activemq connector is not built in the project itself :-)

I actually don't recommend this method any more, I think it makes more
sense to  deploy the jms connector separately as it lets you swap jms
configuration between dev/test/production with fewer changes to your
app.  I've modified samples trunk to do this with the datasources, but
haven't considered whether to do it for the jms sample as well yet.

Hope this helps
david jencks