geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When deploy-offline, BasicServerInfo cannot be cast to org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.ServerIn
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:11:03 GMT
First of all, the patch in GERONIMO-4072.patch was intended for other
Geronimo developers to review. I'm not satisfied with it and that's
why it wasn't committed and the bug is still open. Second, I ran into
the same the exception you see but the existing patch should have
fixed it. Maybe the patch wasn't applied correctly or there might be
some other issue I've missed. Make sure to rebuild the entire Geronimo
code after applying the patch. For now I would recommending waiting
until the bug is officially fixed.

Jarek

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:22 PM, jklcom99 <jeff@intrapos.com> wrote:
>
> I applied GERONIMO-4072.patch, got a little further with off-line deploy.
>
> Now it is getting this error:
>
>     [java] 12:06:16,520 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
> GBean
> is now in the FAILED state:
> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-dep
> loyer/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-deploy
> er/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=ArtifactResolver,name=ClientArtifactResolver"
>     [java] java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.
> BasicServerInfo cannot be cast to
> org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.ServerIn
> fo
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.OptionalExplicitDefaultArt
> ifactResolver.getServerInfo(OptionalExplicitDefaultArtifactResolver.java:68)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.OptionalExplicitDefaultArt
> ifactResolver.<init>(OptionalExplicitDefaultArtifactResolver.java:53)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>  Method)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeC
> onstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Del
> egatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>     [java]     at
> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:51
> 3)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstanc
> e(GBeanInstance.java:948)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptF
> ullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:268)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GB
> eanInstanceState.java:102)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRec
> ursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursiv
> e(GBeanInstance.java:555)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGB
> ean(BasicKernel.java:379)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConf
> igurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:456)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.
> start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.
> startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.
> startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:543)
>     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:39)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
> hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.inv
> oke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBean
> Operation.java:124)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanI
> nstance.java:832)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoke
> r.java:57)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(R
> awOperationInvoker.java:35)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.inter
> cept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$72
> dbee7a.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.OfflineDeployerStarter.sta
> rtPersistentOfflineConfigurations(OfflineDeployerStarter.java:121)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.OfflineDeployerStarter.sta
> rt(OfflineDeployerStarter.java:71)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.startOffl
> ineDeployer(ServerConnection.java:103)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.<init>(Se
> rverConnection.java:91)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployT
> ool.java:161)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper
> .main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.j
> ava:67)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI
> .java:31)
>     [java]     Error: Unexpected error. Cannot start offline-deployer
>     [java] org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
> org.a
> pache.geronimo.configs/client-deployer/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car failed
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.
> startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:579)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.
> startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:543)
>     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:39)
>     [java]     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
> hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.inv
> oke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBean
> Operation.java:124)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanI
> nstance.java:832)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoke
> r.java:57)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(R
> awOperationInvoker.java:35)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.inter
> cept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$72
> dbee7a.startConfiguration(<generated>)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.OfflineDeployerStarter.sta
> rtPersistentOfflineConfigurations(OfflineDeployerStarter.java:121)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.OfflineDeployerStarter.sta
> rt(OfflineDeployerStarter.java:71)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.startOffl
> ineDeployer(ServerConnection.java:103)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.<init>(Se
> rverConnection.java:91)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployT
> ool.java:161)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper
> .main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.j
> ava:67)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI
> .java:31)
>     [java] Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
>  Unknown start exception
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConf
> igurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:522)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.
> start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.
> startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
>     [java]     ... 20 more
>     [java] Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
> Configuration org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-deployer/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> fai
> led to start due to the following reasons:
>     [java]   The service
> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-deplo
> yer/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=ModuleBuilder,name=AppClientBuilder did not
> star
> t because
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-deployer/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?Service
> Module=org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-deployer/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=A
> rtifactResolver,name=ClientArtifactResolver did not start.
>     [java]   The service
> ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-deplo
> yer/2.1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=ArtifactResolver,name=ClientArtifactResolver
> did
>  not start because org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.BasicServerInfo
> cannot
> be cast to org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.ServerInfo
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/When-deploy-offline%2C-BasicServerInfo-cannot-be-cast-to-org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.ServerIn-tp17827217s134p17827217.html
> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
View raw message