geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: How to convert from Tomcat to Geronimo
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 02:47:00 GMT
I'd like to suggest you take a look at the Apache OpenEJB plugin for
Tomcat (http://openejb.apache.org/tomcat.html).  Basically, you drop
the openejb.war into Tomcat and you get a JEE compatible Tomcat.
OpenEJB also has support for Collapsed EAR deployment (http://openejb.apache.org/collapsed-ear.html

) which vastly simplifies the development and deployment of EJBs,
persistence units and web-services (this will be most likely make it
into the next EJB spec).

If you decide take a look and run into any problems, hit us up on the
OpenEJB mailing list (http://openejb.apache.org/mailing-lists.html).

-dain