geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <>
Subject Re: NullPointerException "Could not publish to Server" from Eclipse
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:28:21 GMT
Hi Dave, actually that is significant. It means that one (or more) of the
namespaces in your deployment descriptor is not valid. If you're using a simple
dynamic web app, the namespaces at the top of the geronimo-web.xml should look
something like this:

<web:web-app xmlns:dep=""

Also, the fact that you're not getting a geronimo-web.xml automatically is
problematic. Could you attach the .log file from your workspace .metadata
directory so we can see if you're getting any exceptions. Thanks

Dave Syer wrote:
> Yes, I am using Europa - Winter (although it doesn't make any difference if I
> use a different Europa).  There was no geronimo-web.xml in any of the
> webapps I tried.  I created one by hand from the HelloWorld I found on the
> wiki, but that didn't change the error.  (Not sure if it's significant, but
> Eclipse cannot open this file in its default editor - there is an error
> there as well, and it falls back to text.)

Tim McConnell

View raw message