geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException "Could not publish to Server" from Eclipse
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:28:21 GMT
Hi Dave, actually that is significant. It means that one (or more) of the
namespaces in your deployment descriptor is not valid. If you're using a simple
dynamic web app, the namespaces at the top of the geronimo-web.xml should look
something like this:

<web:web-app xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
			xmlns:web="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1">
     <dep:environment>
         <dep:moduleId>
             <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
             <dep:artifactId>test</dep:artifactId>
             <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
             <dep:type>car</dep:type>
         </dep:moduleId>
     </dep:environment>
     <web:context-root>/test</web:context-root>
</web:web-app>

Also, the fact that you're not getting a geronimo-web.xml automatically is
problematic. Could you attach the .log file from your workspace .metadata
directory so we can see if you're getting any exceptions. Thanks

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell