geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse connectivity with geronimo server
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:43:09 GMT
Hi again Saurabh, now I better understand what you are trying to do. Although I
think it's fine to query the server for dependencies (which I believe is very
similar to function provided by the Plan Creator portlet) that probably should
not be the exhaustive list of dependencies that can be added to the Geronimo
deployment plan(s). For example, you might also want to consider and interrogate
the projects in the user's Eclipse workspace to help determine the list of
dependencies the user might want to consider. Plus, we would still need to
maintain the current capability for the user to be able to add a dependency via
the deployment plan editors that may not yet exist (e.g., either in the server or
in the user's workspace). Still, I think you're certainly on the right track to
provide a lot more functionality, and ease-of-use capabilities, then the current
deployment editors provide. So thanks very much for looking into this......

--
Thanks,
Tim McConnell