geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stig Even Larsen <s...@nimra.no>
Subject Re: request.isUserInRole("some-role") always return false after @EJB injection
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:13:17 GMT
Stig Even Larsen wrote:
> David Jencks wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 17, 2008, at 12:07 AM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> David Jencks wrote:
>>>> On Jun 16, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:
>>>>> Quoting David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Jun 16, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Quoting David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Jun 16, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Jun 16, 2008, at 7:57 AM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I forgot to tell that I'm using Geronimo 2.0.2 on
Debian Etch.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>>> Stig Even Larsen
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Stig Even Larsen wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>>>> After logging in via the j_security_check form
I use the  
>>>>>>>>>>> simplest  of jsp  page for testing purpose. I've
defined  
>>>>>>>>>>> several roles and  am able to check this via
 
>>>>>>>>>>> request.isUserInRole("some-role").  Everything
is working as  
>>>>>>>>>>> expected.
>>>>>>>>>>> When I throw in a EJB via @EJB annotation or
via JNDI 
>>>>>>>>>>> lookup   request.isUserInRole("some-role") is
now always 
>>>>>>>>>>> returning false.
>>>>>>>>>>> Is this a bug or I'm I missing something here?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hi Stig,
>>>>>>>>> I think you've run into a bug, which was recently fixed

>>>>>>>>> (revision   number 663484 for branches/2.0).
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> The nightly build of 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT should contain the
fix.  
>>>>>>>>> You'll  find some binaries here --   
>>>>>>>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/2.0/20080616/

>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Just for tracking purposes this is GERONIMO-4099.  This was
the bug
>>>>>>>> that came to my mind first also, but I'm not convinced it's
the 
>>>>>>>> same
>>>>>>>> problem.  Please let us know whether the 2.0.3 snapshot fixes
the
>>>>>>>> problem you are seeing.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> thanks
>>>>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --kevan
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>>>>>> Is this also an issue with 2.1.x?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> GERONIMO-4099 was an issue with 2.0.x, 2.1.x, and trunk 
>>>>>> (2.2-SNAPSHOT).
>>>>>> I fixed it in all branches at the same time.  Any progress on seeing
>>>>>> if it is the problem you are running into?
>>>>>
>>>>> Well, I'm struggeling finding an "upgrade routine". Is there any?
>>>>> Anyway, since I'm at CET time (GMT+1) I probably won't be able to 
>>>>> doing a test
>>>>> until working hours tomorrow...
>>>> I'm not sure what you are looking for.  There is no way to upgrade a 
>>>> geronimo installation from one version of geronimo to another "in 
>>>> place": you have to redeploy your applications on the new server.  
>>>> On the other hand I recommend a maven based workflow to build a 
>>>> customized server including your apps, in which case you'd just 
>>>> change the geronimo version in the appropriate pom.
>>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/constructing-a-special-purpose-server-using-maven.html

>>>> thanks
>>>> david jencks
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> replying to the list will get you more responses in case I'm not

>>>>>> around :-)
>>>>>> thanks
>>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>
>>>>> Sorry about that, won't happen agein ;)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> Stig Even Larsen
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Stig Even Larsen
>>>>>
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> In the 2.0.3 SNAPSHOT of 20080616 the malfunction is still there. It 
>>> seems that this issue is not the same as described in GERONIMO-4099.
>>> I think is time to file a detailed bug-report?
>>
>> That would be great!  If you can provide a small app showing the 
>> problem or at least the servlet code that would be good.  I've just 
>> been looking at a similar case that works where there is a servlet and 
>> ejb, and the isUser/CallerinRole methods work: in the case I have, the 
>> servlet tests before calling the ejb and not after calling the ejb.  
>> Maybe you are testing in the servlet after calling the ejb?
>>
>> thanks!
>> david jencks
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Stig Even Larsen
> 
> Hi David,
> 
> I've noticed something odd. After first login (first login after 
> deployment) the request.isUserInRole(xxx) returns false. If a reload the 
> page (eg. calling the servlet again) it returns true. If I then 
> invalidate the session and login in again it returns true (it behaves 
> normally).
> So it is infact working :) I'll be filing that bugreport anyway so you 
> can test it. It will be submitted within the next 1/2 hour.
> 
> Best regards,
> Stig Even Larsen

Hi again,

It seems that its partially working in 2.0.2 also which means that the 
GERONIMO-4099 has nothing to do in this scenario. I've posted 
GERONIMO-4119 as a new bug.

Best regards,
Stig Even Larsen

Mime
View raw message