geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Stig Even Larsen <s...@nimra.no>
Subject Re: request.isUserInRole("some-role") always return false after @EJB injection
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:10:33 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2008, at 12:07 AM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:
>

>> David Jencks wrote:

Etch.

use the
defined
JNDI lookup

>>> I'm not sure what you are looking for.  There is no way to upgrade a
>>> geronimo installation from one version of geronimo to another "in
>>> place": you have to redeploy your applications on the new server.  On
>>> the other hand I recommend a maven based workflow to build a
>>> customized server including your apps, in which case you'd just
>>> change the geronimo version in the appropriate pom.
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/constructing-a-special-purpose-server-using-maven.html
thanks

>>> david jencks

>> Hi again,
>>
>> In the 2.0.3 SNAPSHOT of 20080616 the malfunction is still there. It
>> seems that this issue is not the same as described in GERONIMO-4099.
>> I think is time to file a detailed bug-report?
>
> That would be great!  If you can provide a small app showing the problem
> or at least the servlet code that would be good.  I've just been looking
> at a similar case that works where there is a servlet and ejb, and the
> isUser/CallerinRole methods work: in the case I have, the servlet tests
> before calling the ejb and not after calling the ejb.  Maybe you are
> testing in the servlet after calling the ejb?
>
> thanks!
> david jencks
>

>> Best regards,
>> Stig Even Larsen

Hi David,

I've noticed something odd. After first login (first login after
deployment) the request.isUserInRole(xxx) returns false. If a reload the
page (eg. calling the servlet again) it returns true. If I then
invalidate the session and login in again it returns true (it behaves
normally).
So it is infact working :) I'll be filing that bugreport anyway so you
can test it. It will be submitted within the next 1/2 hour.

Best regards,
Stig Even Larsen