geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:30:00 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> David Jencks wrote:

>>> I agree, fixed, thanks!

>>> I talked with Brian Chan a little bit at JavaOne and it sounded like
>>> liferay had some way to get running on current geronimo, and he
>>> sounded interested in pursuing plugins.  However, I haven't been
>>> able to contact him since.
>> Ah good I will take a look at it. Would it be any point in take the
>> maven assembling source I have come up with for G 2.1.1 and Liferay
>> 5.0.1 and set it up like the roller plugin? If appropriate I can put
>> it (zip of the source tree) in a jira hopefully it is just some minor
>> fixes that is needed for it to run and maybe I (or someone else) will
>> be able to come up with a running bundle.
>
> I think the ideal situation would be if liferay took over this code as
> their geronimo integration.  So, maybe opening an issue there with the
> code would provoke some movement :-).  However if that doesn't work I
> think that a geronimo-hosted plugin would be a good idea.
Yes that would probably be a good idea, although I will wait until I
actually have a working (jetty,tomcat) plugin which have proven to be a
bit more troublesome than I anticipated ;/ I have got my hands on the
geronimo 2.1.1 liferay 5.0.1 rc1 bundle and maybe it will give me some
hints on whats needed for the plugin to get past that annoying "out of
the blue" /c 404 problem ;-). If it is possible to use the vanilla
liferay-portal.war (or even better the lesslibs variant) and dependency
jars (like portal-kernel, portal-service, portlet) to build a
geronimo-liferay plugin it would IMHO be a good "showcase" of the
modularity of Geronimo and its plugin concept. Its just a mater of time
until someone pulls this together.
regards
  peter petersson