geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 22:03:24 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> Hi David
>>
>> I have been taking a look at your excellent "Constructing a
>> special-purpose server using maven" (link below) in the hope to
>> actually get Liferay 5.0.1 (rc1) running on Geronimo 2.1.1 in a
>> special purpose build. Working on this i noticed what I believe is a
>> typo in the documentation of the liferay-jetty pom
>>
>>               <configuration>
>>                       :
>>                   <module>
>>                       <groupId>com.liferay</groupId>
>>                       <artifactId>liferay-portal</artifactId>
>>                       <version>${liferayVersion}</version>
>>                       <type>war</type>
>>                   </module>
>>                      :
>>
>> If I understand things right the artifactId should be
>> "liferay-portal-lesslibs" else the liferay portal plugin would be the
>> unmodified liferay war.
>
> I agree, fixed, thanks!
>>

>> Despite this finding I am unfortunately stuck at the same 404 error
>> at http://localhost:8080/c as pointed out in the documentation.
>> Although I added the debugviews console portlet plugin and trying to
>> squeeze some logging out of liferay to find out what is going on I
>> have so far not been able to get past this problem.
>>
>> Have anyone got some luck with this ?
>> Any suggestion on what to do to get more information out of
>> liferay/geronimo to be able to pinpoint and fix this error is greatly
>> appreciated!
>
> I talked with Brian Chan a little bit at JavaOne and it sounded like
> liferay had some way to get running on current geronimo, and he
> sounded interested in pursuing plugins.  However, I haven't been able
> to contact him since.
Ah good I will take a look at it. Would it be any point in take the
maven assembling source I have come up with for G 2.1.1 and Liferay
5.0.1 and set it up like the roller plugin? If appropriate I can put it
(zip of the source tree) in a jira hopefully it is just some minor fixes
that is needed for it to run and maybe I (or someone else) will be able
to come up with a running bundle.

regards
   peter petersson