geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encoding problem in geronimo-javamail implementation
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:24:20 GMT
maho77 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems to me that the geronimo javamail implementation has some encoding
> problems. I use G2.1.1
> I retrieve Message via POP3 and than I start parsing the parts in the
> Message class. Everything works fine as long as I the mails are UTF-8 mails.
> If there's an mail lets say with ISO-8859-1 the subject has the correct
> encoding conversion, but not the content of the parts.
>
> If I try the same with the javamail implementation from sun, it works well.
>
> Do I have to set some properties or something like that?

This sounds like it's just a bug to me.  The POP3 implementation is
fairly new, and it's entirely possible there are some problems with
encodings....particularly since the javamail API docs are not entirely
clear on how some features should work.  If you can post a small sample
that can be run against both implementations, I'll gladly take a look at
it.

Rick