geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geronimo v2 quartz plugin
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:24:15 GMT

On Jun 23, 2008, at 12:06 PM, jklcom99 wrote:

> Ok, can you show me the steps and what is involved to create a plugin?

There are lots of examples of plugins to compare with: the directory
and roller plugins in plugins, the contents of the main server build
plugins directory, and the samples.

I glanced really quickly at the quartz stuff and it looks like:
1. update to current geronimo stuff, such as version 2.1.1.  Use
org.apache.geronimo.genesis/project-config/1.4/pom as the parent (I
may get a later version out soon, we'll see).  Prune unneeded stuff
out of the build such as repositories.  Basically get the build to work.
2. in geronimo 2.1 and later, the geronimo-plugin.xml is generated by
the car-maven-plugin.  The format has also changed a lot.  So, you
should figure out what bits of the geronimo-plugin.xml are still
relevant and correct and get them into the appropriate part of the
pom.xml.

There's some documentation here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/plugin-infrastructure.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/constructing-a-special-purpose-server-using-maven.html

Let me know if this is starting you off at the wrong level.

thanks
david jencks