geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Update MyFaces in Geronimo 2.1.1
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:00:36 GMT

On Jun 25, 2008, at 9:58 AM, DFrahm@teamhuber.com wrote:

> So the 'Simple jar upgrade' method described there works even with
> jars like MyFaces that are defined as non-overridable due to the
> Java EE spec requirements?

upgrading a jar using artifact_aliases.properties changes the jar the
entire geronimo server uses: it's more or less equivalent to applying
a server patch or getting a minor server upgrade.  The spec prohibits
applications from using their own jsf implementations, not from server
vendors upgrading the server.  The non-overridable setting prevents
you from supplying a different jsf implementation in your application,
to implement this spec requirement.

hope this makes sense :-)
david jencks