geronimo-user mailing list archives

From sbyonge <sbyo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure remote SMTP host?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 16:20:34 GMT

It works well after obtaining the mail session via the JNDI "mail/Session"
resource.  I updated var/config/config-substitutions.properties instead of
config.xml for SMTPHost.  The only I had to change config.xml is to remove
PortOffset since I have multiple Geronimo instances accessing the same
remote SMTP host.

    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail/2.1.1/car">
        <gbean name="SMTPTransport">
            <attribute name="host">${SMTPHost}</attribute>
            <!-- Remove PortOffset so that port remain the same for other
instances
            <attribute name="port">${SMTPPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
            -->
            <attribute name="port">${SMTPPort}</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>