geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Wilbert Ribeiro <wkely...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reason to use the geronimo
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 01:36:19 GMT

Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 31, 2008, at 7:34 PM, Wilbert Ribeiro wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> Hi kevan, thanks for you response, but you know say if the
>> performance,
>> memory consumption, pool management, security and response time of the
>> geronimo is compared to its competitors?
>
> Hi Wilbert,
> Here's a pointer to the latest performance report on Geronimo, that
> I'm aware of
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/performance/geronimo/2.0/Geronimo2.0.2PerformanceReport-v01draft.pdf
>
> This report isn't really a "competitive" comparison. So, I doubt that
> it will answer your questions.
>
> There is also
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/Geronimo-1.1.1-PerformanceReport.pdf
> Which is an older study. However, it did include comparisons to a
> "Performance Target", which was a based on measurements of a number of
> unnamed app servers (proprietary and open source). Geronimo was
> compared to the best result in each category.
>
> --kevan

thanks again, these days I have thoroughly tested the geronimo, and in the
end I am satisfied with its performance, I read in a material and I am more
excited to see it in production, but many application s need to adapt. will
be that you could give a tutorial on setting a JEE application for the
geronimo?