geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ashish Jain" <ashja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build dbtester sample
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:21:53 GMT
Hi YunFeng,
Thanks for your suggestion. I was actually trying to checkout the code for
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/samples/dbtester/
After I checked out the code from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/. I get the
following error once I try to build the samples.

[ERROR] Could not load deployer configuration:
org.apache.geronimo.framework/ger
onimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car: ADD
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car: READING
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car: SUCCEEDED
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car: RESOLVING
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car: SUCCEEDED
org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1/car: ADD
org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1/car: READING
org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1/car: SUCCEEDED
org.apache.geronimo.framework/xmlbeans/2.1/car: RESOLVING
FINISHED

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
org.apache.geronim
o.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car failed
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:299)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:280)
        at
java:64)
        at
sorImpl.java:43)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(Refl
ectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
java:832)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:5
7)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperat
ionInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(Pro
xyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGL
IB$$78091158.loadConfiguration(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.buildPackage(Package
Mojo.java:339)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.doExecute(PackageMoj
o.java:259)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.pluginsupport.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:
122)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:451)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:142)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
        at
java:64)
        at
sorImpl.java:43)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
Mis
sing dependency: org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-system//car
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve
InClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:111)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve
InClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:104)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.resolveP
arentIds(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:473)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDept
hFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:431)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDept
hFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:439)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConf
iguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:296)
        ... 33 more
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1/car

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 26 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jun 11 18:36:26 IST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 57M/195M
[INFO]

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 1:02 PM, YunFeng Ma <yunfeng_ma@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Ashish,
>
> I guess you must check out only the dbtester source codes from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/samples/dbtester/,
> then you got that error. It will work fine if you check out the all the
> source codes using following command:
>   > svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/
>
> Hope it helpful.
>
> -- YunFeng Ma

the following error.  I looked into pom.xml and found that it still