geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: request.isUserInRole("some-role") always return false after @EJB injection
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:54:40 GMT

On Jun 16, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Stig Even Larsen wrote:

> Quoting David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>> Is this also an issue with 2.1.x?
>>
>> GERONIMO-4099 was an issue with 2.0.x, 2.1.x, and trunk (2.2-
>> SNAPSHOT).
>> I fixed it in all branches at the same time.  Any progress on seeing
>> if it is the problem you are running into?
>
> Well, I'm struggeling finding an "upgrade routine". Is there any?
> Anyway, since I'm at CET time (GMT+1) I probably won't be able to
> doing a test
> until working hours tomorrow...

I'm not sure what you are looking for.  There is no way to upgrade a
geronimo installation from one version of geronimo to another "in
place": you have to redeploy your applications on the new server.  On
the other hand I recommend a maven based workflow to build a
customized server including your apps, in which case you'd just change
the geronimo version in the appropriate pom.
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/constructing-a-special-purpose-server-using-maven.html

thanks
david jencks