geronimo-user mailing list archives

From <Brandie.B.Hu...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: Redhat patch level cheatsheet?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:29:22 GMT
Yup, you're right, Erik.  This is what I've found out from the Apache
mailing lists and from the RedHat distros:

RedHat Enterprise AS 4 Update 6 maps to HTTP Server 2.0.63 (no Tomcat or
Geronimo packages); RedHat Enterprise AS 5 Update 2 maps to HTTP Server
2.2.3 and Tomcat 5.5.23 (no Geronimo packages).

Latest releases straight from Apache for httpd are 2.2.9 and 2.0.63.  For
Tomcat, the latest levels are 6.0.16 and 5.5.26.

RedHat backports (and changes the last number of the version level) for
security vulnerabilities, but does not backport for new functionality.  It
takes about 2 months to get a security vulnerabilities patch released from
RedHat (judging from the JDK issue publicized on March 13th, 2008 and other
patches I monitor).

Hope that helps someone else with their paperwork!

  _____

From: ginemesis@gmail.com [mailto:ginemesis@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Erik B.
Craig
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:04 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Redhat patch level cheatsheet?

I was unaware that RedHat packaged Geronimo at all in their releases.
Which Enterprise version are you dealing with?

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM, <Brandie.B.Huber@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

Anyone have a link to a cheatsheet that translates RedHat Enterprise's
backported patch levels for Apache products to Apache Geronimo's original
patch levels?  I'm not able to find it via Google or RHN.

Thanks in advance!
Brandie

--
Erik B. Craig