geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clusering Configuration samples errors in branches/2.1 using Tomcat
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:37:36 GMT

On Jun 23, 2008, at 12:16 PM, Jason Warner wrote:

> I've been messing around a little bit with clustering by following
> the directions for clustering configuration for jetty[1] but
> modifying the instructions to work with tomcat.  I've found that the
> sample app linked in the example deploys succesfully on the 2.1.1
> release but not on the latest branches/2.1. A class cast exception
> is received when attempting to deploy the app[2].  It seems that
> 2.1.1 uses a milestone release of 2.0 rather than the full released
> version.  I updated 2.1.1 locally to use the full 2.0 release of
> wadi, and that resulted in the same error I was seeing on branches/
> 2.1.  Anybody have any thoughts on what could cause this or how to
> fix it?
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/clustering-configuration-for-jetty.html
>
> [2]
>
> 12:00:33,876 ERROR [BasicServiceSpaceDispatcher] See nested
> org.codehaus.wadi.group.MessageExchangeException:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId to field
> org.codehaus.wadi.tribes.TribesPeer.uniqueId of type
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId in instance of
> org.codehaus.wadi.tribes.TribesPeer
>     at
> org
> .codehaus
> .wadi
> .servicespace
> .basic
> .TransformEnvelopeInterceptor
> .onInboundEnvelope(TransformEnvelopeInterceptor.java:46)
>     at
> org
> .codehaus
> .wadi
> .group
> .impl.AbstractDispatcher.onInboundEnvelope(AbstractDispatcher.java:
> 308)
>     at
> org
> .codehaus
> .wadi
> .group.impl.AbstractDispatcher.onEnvelope(AbstractDispatcher.java:92)
>     at
> org
> .codehaus
> .wadi
> .servicespace
> .basic.ServiceSpaceEndpoint.dispatch(ServiceSpaceEndpoint.java:49)
>     at
> org
> .codehaus
> .wadi
> .group
> .impl.ServiceEndpointWrapper.dispatch(ServiceEndpointWrapper.java:50)
>     at org.codehaus.wadi.group.impl.BasicEnvelopeDispatcherManager
> $DispatchRunner.run(BasicEnvelopeDispatcherManager.java:121)
>     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
> $Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
> $Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign instance of
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.UniqueId to field
> [...]

Hi Jason,
Is the example working with Jetty? Or is it just 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT with
Tomcat that is broken?

I see there were changes to http://svn.codehaus.org/wadi/tags/2.0/wadi-core/src/main/java/org/codehaus/wadi/servicespace/basic/

  between 2.0-M10 and 2.0. Seems to be a Classloader problem related
to Wadi 2.0. Suggest you use a debugger to inspect the Classloader
being used to deserialize the UniqueId object. We seem to be loading
UniqueId classes from two different Classloaders -- thus the
ClassCastException. Once we figure out the two Classloaders being
used, can start to sort out the inconsitencies...

--kevan