geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Harsch" <thar...@mail.arc.nasa.gov>
Subject Geronimo Adapter not opening browser window ( was: How to convert from Tomcat to Geronimo )
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:45:17 GMT
Changing subject line to be more descriptive…

Further info:  I’m using GEP 2.1.0 and Geronimo Server 2.1.1 ( aka
geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.1 server )

From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:14 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to convert from Tomcat to Geronimo

On Jun 18, 2008, at 7:20 PM, Tim Harsch wrote:

Hi all,

               I’m fairly new to J2EE in general, so please forgive my naïve
question.  I would like to take a simple hello world type JSP and Servlet
project running via WTP 2.0.2 on Europa.  Running on Apache Tomcat Server it
runs fine.  But then, after stopping Tomcat, when I try to right-click on
project and “Run as…”, “Run on Server” and choose Geronimo 2.1 then no
browser window will open and no page is showed.

               I can however manually start the Geronimo server in the
Servers pane, and navigate to localhost:8080 and see that the server is
running.

I noticed this fairly recent post, which seems very similar to my problem.

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=16603
<http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=16603&group=eclipse.webtoo
ls#16603> &group=eclipse.webtools#16603

Interesting. I didn't know you could do that (I'm not much of an Eclipse
power user), but makes sense. I've always added projects to the server and
controlled the server in the servers tab.

I expect we'll hear shortly from someone who works on the Geronimo
Adapter...

--kevan