geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Harsch" <thar...@mail.arc.nasa.gov>
Subject How to convert from Tomcat to Geronimo
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:20:46 GMT
Hi all,

               I’m fairly new to J2EE in general, so please forgive my naïve
question.  I would like to take a simple hello world type JSP and Servlet
project running via WTP 2.0.2 on Europa.  Running on Apache Tomcat Server it
runs fine.  But then, after stopping Tomcat, when I try to right-click on
project and “Run as…”, “Run on Server” and choose Geronimo 2.1 then no
browser window will open and no page is showed.

               I can however manually start the Geronimo server in the
Servers pane, and navigate to localhost:8080 and see that the server is
running.

I noticed this fairly recent post, which seems very similar to my problem.

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=16603
<http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=16603&group=eclipse.webtoo
ls#16603> &group=eclipse.webtools#16603

Thanks,